1. Complete and submit your application by the deadline (next deadline will be in Spring). See below for application details.
2. The TEAM-UP Together Scholarship Review Committee will consider two factors when reviewing your application:
- Your commitment to pursuing a bachelor’s degree in physics or astronomy
- Your level of financial need
3. If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be notified prior to the next academic semester.
4. You will be asked to submit a completed W-9 federal tax form (or equivalent for international students) and an automatic deposit form so that you can receive your funds.
5. You will receive your scholarship funds within two weeks of submitting your W-9.
To access the online application, you will first be asked to create an account. After creating an account, you will see four sections that make up your portion of the application. All sections must be completed and submitted to be considered. You will be able to save and edit your application before submitting.
1. Applicant Information
This section consists of a general information form. You will need to input your contact information and school details.
2. Career Objectives and Financial Need
This section consists of two written statements addressing the following:
- Why you are pursuing a physics or astronomy degree and how this relates to your career goals and objectives (up to 300 words).
- How the scholarship will address your financial need and support your continued scholarly development (up to 300 words).
At the end of this section, you will also need to outline your degree plan, listing the physics, astronomy, and related courses you have already taken and plan to take each year until you complete your degree.
3. (Optional) Activities Statement
This section is optional. You can use it to describe any on- or off-campus activities that relate to your education, career plans, or financial need (up to 300 words).
Upload a PDF copy of your current transcript. If you are unable to upload your transcript, you may email the file to email@example.com with the subject line: Transcript - [Student Name].
Your recommender (a faculty member or equivalent adult who is familiar with your qualifications) will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation letter that addresses:
- Your progress toward a physics or astronomy degree
- Your potential for continued scholastic development in physics or astronomy
- Your financial need (optional)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.